Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tea Anyone?

 Bailey has been dying to have a tea party, and let's just say she was boiling with excitement that she got to do it for her birthday party!



One thing that Bailey totally gets from me is a sense for the details. Like after we had been reading books about tea parties and what you wear to a tea party, she desperately said "How can I have a number 5 t-shirt that I can wear at a tea party?" Anyone remember the number 4 t-shirts Ali and I made Bailey and Owen for their joint party last year? Well, Bailey loved it and wanted a number 5 shirt and it had a mommy made skirt to go with it!


And one other detail that was really important to Bailey was for all the kids to be able to sit down together for tea, so a huge thank you to Nana for hosting! (One mama brain moment was that in my hurry to set up I only put out 10 place settings. Right when people were showing up I kept looking at the 2 extra tea cups & saucers and looking at the table and kept wondering why there were 12 chair (there were really only 10 chairs) and 2 extra tea cups. Thankfully it was Blake and Micah who I had to pull up chairs for because they aren't really old enough for it to be a big deal.)


And each kid was invited to bring an animal to have a pretend tea party with. These are all Bailey's animals set up.




Maggie says "tea anyone?"


And we made bead necklaces, bracelets, & collars.



Pinata Time

This was our first ever pinata to try at a birthday party and it was no match for Emmy Foshea who with two hits said "off with it's head!".


 Luckily we just re-atttached it and kept going.



And I just love this one of Elijah!


The kids cut a good dent in the puppy pinata, but after a couple of rounds they were getting antsy for the candy so I had Tim & Joel help the pinata meet it's fate.


Blair just hanging out with my dad.



And somehow I kept ending up with the pinata haunches on my head.


Tea & Cake Time!!!

This was the cake at the start of the party (left) and shortly after the party started (right). Blake showing he has a little Tackett in him and snuck a bite. 

 



 
Happy Birthday to you!
  



After lunch, pinata candy, cake, and tea with sugar, Angelina Ballerina experienced death by sugar.


Showing Nana her new pink poodle!


So, every once in awhile I get mischevious. I get it from my dad. Anyways, I put some fake dog poop out at the party to see if anyone would notice and Bella did! I couldn't get her to pose with it, but I had a good laugh at her mom & dad re-telling the story to me and then most of the kids had fun with it too. Ali took this picture to remember the poop with. : )


And birthday round 2 was dinner & fun at Chuck E Cheese with Tara & Rob and Gigi & Pa.


Wondering where Blake was at the birthday party? He & Pa were pretty inseperable.




What a great day! Thank you to all who helped make it so special!



No comments: